|What is the difference between dental insurance and Dental Plans?
Discount dental plans, designed to provide significant savings on members' dental care needs, have quickly become an attractive alternative to costly dental insurance.
Traditional dental insurance, once the only dental benefit option available, features many drawbacks including costly deductibles, tedious claim forms, long waiting periods and other limitations. On the other hand, discount dental plans are affordable, easy-to-use and free of these hassles.
What are some of the major differences between dental insurance and discount dental plans?
Some of the characteristics of Dental Insurance include:
- Limitations, deductibles and annual maximums
- Waiting periods for major dental procedures
- Tedious and time-consuming written claims process
- Limitations/exclusions on pre-existing conditions
- Certain dental specialties, such as cosmetic dentistry, are
- Consumers pay expensive monthly premiums for defined coverage
- Typically inaccessible to individuals and families unless provided by their employer
Some of the characteristics of Discount Dental Plans include:
In short, discount dental plans are an affordable and easy-to-use alternative to dental insurance, and offer plan members significant savings on most dental procedures.
- No annual limits, members enjoy discounts on most dental services all year long
- Most plans activate within 1 - 3 business days
- No tiresome paperwork hassles, plan membership card is presented for discounts on most dental services
- No health restrictions
- Select plans include discounts on dental specialties, including cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics
- Consumers pay affordable membership fees for access to a network of providers offering discounts on most dental procedures
- Available directly to individuals, families, businesses and groups